Kansas City Royals 1946 Home Jersey
History: Two days after playing in the Little World Series with the Montreal Royals during his first season in organized ball, Jackie Robinson joined the Kansas City Royals, a black all-star team that participated in the California Winter League. Jackie led the LA-based Royals to the league title with a .427 batting average. Satchel Paige was a teammate.
- Made in the USA
- Independent Negro Leagues
- Authentic reproduction of the jersey worn in 1945 by the Kansas City Royals
- Authentic Black Diamond Collection Label
- Authentic wool flannel
- Royal and red trim on facing and sleeves
- Royal on red felt Royals on front
- Red and royal felt #18 on back
- Item #: KCR45H
|SIZE||CHEST (pit to pit)||LENGTH|
You Always Get Their Attention...
When you say this jersey is from the 1946 Kansas City Royals. "The Royals started in 1969, that isn't correct." "Allow me to explain.' Jackie Robinson and Satchel Paige both played for this team. It was the first jersey I bought from Ebbets Field Flannels. When I substitute teach on Opening Day, I wear this jersey and it allows me an intro to Kansas City history and ***** League History.