- No. A modern cap with a stiff, high crown is just not a "vintage" cap, no matter what emblem is put on it. Our caps faithfully replicate historic professional baseball caps from 1900 to 1970.
I LIKE NEW ERA CAPS. ARE YOUR CAPS LIKE THEIRS?
I JUST GOT MY CAP AND IT DOESN'T FIT!
DO YOU HAVE A RETAIL STORE?
WHY IS MY CAP VISOR "FLOPPY"
- Caps that seem to have a softer visor are made that way on purpose! Pre 1940 ballcap visors were made with softer visors so players could fold them up and put them in their back pockets. We have found that most of our customers fall in love with this style but if it's not for you we would be happy to process a return/exchange for you.
CAN YOU MAKE A CUSTOM FOOTBALL OR HOCKEY JERSEY?
I WANT TO ORDER JERSEYS / HATS FOR MY TEAM. CAN I GET A BETTER PRICE?
I DON'T LIVE IN THE U.S. WHAT ABOUT CUSTOMS, DUTIES AND TAXES?
- For Orders being shipped outside of the United States: Customs, Duties and Taxes are the responsibility of the customer.
- Orders that are shipped to countries outside of the U.S. may be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees levied by the destination country ("Import Fees"). The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to such Import Fees, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country; you should contact your local customs office for further information. When customs clearance procedures are required, it can cause delays beyond our original delivery estimates.
WHAT KIND OF FABRIC DO YOU USE?
- We use authentic wool-blend baseball flannel which is the same as the fabric worn at the end of the flannel era in the late 1960s.
AREN'T THE JERSEYS ITCHY?
- Not really. They are quite comfortable, and unlike contemporary baseball jerseys, they breathe. You do need to wear a t-shirt or other shirt underneath your flannel.
CAN I HAVE MY NAME PUT ON THE BACK?
DO THE SHIRTS HAVE NUMBERS ON THE BACK?
- Numbers are included on all shirts from 1929 and later (this is when teams generally started to wear numbers). Shirts before 1929 are not made with numbers, but you can request one.
WHY DOES IT TAKE FOUR TO SIX WEEKS TO GET A SHIRT?
- We make over 500 different historic baseball jerseys. There is no way to keep them all in inventory. The beauty of our system is that we can make almost any historic jersey you want, since they are made one at a time. We cut, sew and letter up your flannel the minute you order it. All here in our Seattle, WA factory.
THERE'S A FLANNEL I WANT BUT I DON'T SEE IT ON YOUR WEBSITE.
CUSTOM ORDER QUESTIONS
Please note: The following refers to retail (single piece) custom orders. For custom WHOLESALE orders (48 or more caps, six or more jerseys or jackets) please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW MUCH IS A CUSTOM FLANNEL JERSEY?
- Historic custom flannels are $225, plus shipping in most cases. Extensive artwork or special processes will be assessed for an additional cost.
CAN I DESIGN MY OWN CUSTOM FLANNEL?
- Yes, but please keep in mind what works best is what worked on real flannel jerseys through 1971. Generally, one or two-color felt lettering with or without trim and number on back (or front as well). Contemporary logos that require digitized embroidery, or conceptual ideas without finished artwork are generally not suitable for single-piece custom flannels, and that we must charge for longer-than-normal art and design time. Also, because of the art time and digitizing costs, it is not practical to make single-piece embroidered sleeve patches, although we can certainly put felt letters or simple designs on the sleeve, as well as patches that we inventory.
WILL I RECEIVE A PROOF?
- Most historic flannels are designed from a photograph. As a proof takes additional time, and is really just another two-dimensional image of the jersey, it really makes little sense to spend the time to do a proof. We know our craft: If you send us a historical picture can convey the details (colors, etc) that is exactly what you will receive. We have been making historical jerseys for over 25 years, you can be assured of the accuracy and attention to detail your jersey will receive.
CAN I JUST ORDER ONE CUSTOM CAP?
- Unfortunately there is no way to efficiently provide this service, even at double the normal hat price. We are happy to make any custom caps with a minimum of just 48 pieces. Please contact email@example.com for more information about this service.
I HAVE A GIFT CARD, CAN I APPLY IT TO A CUSTOM ORDER?
- Due to the amount of extra work involved, we cannot accept Gift Tickets or apply discounts to custom work. Gift Tickets can be used on any current product on our website.
OK, I WANT TO PLACE A CUSTOM ORDER. HOW DO I DO IT?
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have photos or artwork, please attach them. Custom orders cannot be started until we have all information: Your design, size, name and address, and form of payment (credit card number). You can also review the Custom Order section or regular product sections of our website for ideas and inspiration about fabric colors, sleeve styles, fonts, etc.
WHAT IF I DON'T LIKE MY CUSTOM ORDER? CAN I SEND IT BACK?
- Unless it is in some way defective, we cannot offer refunds on custom work. We will, however, endeavor to do everything possible to make sure you are completely satisfied with your garment, and that it is everything you imagined and hoped for it to be.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE?
- Custom work takes time, there is no way around it. Generally you will receive your custom jersey or jacket within six weeks. If for any reason we expect it to take longer, we will contact you.
In-stock orders ship within 2 days. Made-to-order items follow lead times
You have 30 days to decide! Unworn items can ship back to us for a full refund
Real person support
You will always speak to a real person here at Ebbets
1723 1st Ave. South | Seattle, WA | 98134