Chicago Federal League
The ChiFeds were christened the "Whales" in 1915, their third season. Owner Charles Weeghman was determined to outdo the rival Cubs and White Sox, and built a state-of-the-art ballpark on the North Side named after himself (of course). In the settlement that ended the Federal League, Weeghman was allowed to purchase the Cubs and move them into his ballpark, eventually re-named Wrigley Field. The Whales brought the first pennant to the North Side in 1915.