St. Louis Cardinals 1940 Authentic Jacket
Description: An authentic St. Louis Cardinals jacket from 1940. Red wool jacket with wool knit trim and a chenille patch on the chest.
- Made in the USA
- Reproduction of the team jacket worn by the St. Louis Cardinals in 1940
- American-made red wool body with beige leather sleeves
- 100% American red, white and navy blue striped wool knit trim and collar
- Chenille cardinal patch on left chest
- Vintage style pockets with leather trim
- Black quilted lining
- Button front
- Item#: STL40J
League: National League
History: The Cards were a few years from the glory of their Gashouse Gang days, but still packed a powerful offensive punch with hitters like Enos Slaughter, Johnny Mize, and Ernie Koy. The Redbirds finished third behind pennant-winners Cincinnati and second place Brooklyn.