Philadelphia Phillies 1949 Authentic Jacket
History: After ousting Ben Chapman as manager, (notorious for his vicious heckling of Jackie Robinson in 1947) Philadelphia’s fortunes in the National League standings started to change. A respectable third-place finish in 1949 was followed by a pennant in 1950. After 1949, the Phils started to eclipse the Athletics, with whom they shared Shibe Park. The once-mighty A’s would be gone in a few short years, and it would take the Phillies another 30 years to earn their next pennant.
- Made in the USA
- Reproduction of the team jacket worn by the Philadelphia Phillies in 1949
- American-made red wool body and sleeves
- 100% American wool striped knit trim
- Felt patch on chest and back
- Vintage style pockets with leather trim
- Black quilted lining
- Zip front
- Item#: PHL49J
Initial run limited to 12 jackets. These jackets are available for pre-order, with completion dates for the first group starting in mid-October. After the first production run is sold out, we will schedule additional production batches, but these would likely not be ready until early 2022.