Kansas City Royals 1969 Authentic Jacket
Description: An authentic Kansas City Royals jacket from 1969. Royal blue satin jacket with wool knit trim and twill lettering on the chest.
- Made in the USA
- Exact reproduction of the team jacket worn by the Kansas City Royals in 1969
- Royal blue cotton-backed viscose satin body and sleeves
- White twill lettering on the chest
- 100% American wool knit trim
- Royals patch on the left sleeve
- Vintage style pockets
- Black quilted lining
- Snap front
- Item#: KCR69J
League: American League
History: After Charlie Finley moved the Athletics to Oakland, Missouri Senator Stuart Symington threatened to remove baseball's anti-trust exemption. The American League quickly named a new franchise for Kansas City, which began play in 1969, along with the ill-fated Seattle Pilots. The name Royals was partly in tribute to an identically-named Negro Leagues team as well as the Kansas City Monarchs.