Philadelphia Phillies 1937 Authentic Jacket
Available for pre-order with estimated shipment in 10-12 weeks.
Description: An authentic Philadelphia Phillies from 1937. Navy vintage satin with sewn felt letters and leather pocket trim.
- Made in the USA
- Reproduction of the team jacket worn by the Philadelphia Phillies in 1937.
- Navy cotton-backed viscose satin body and sleeves
- Red on white felt "Phillies" script with tail on the chest
- 100% American wool knit trim
- Vintage pockets with red leather trim
- Checkbook pocket
- Black quilted lining
- Button front
- Item#: PHL37J
History: This is the earliest example of a satin athletic jacket we have seen. The '37 Phils finished 7th, however Dolph Camilli and Chuck Klein had strong seasons at the plate, hitting .339 and .325 respectively. Camilli also smacked 27 homers. This was the Phillies' last full year at the old Baker Bowl. They would move to Shibe Park in 1938.