Philadelphia Athletics 1913 Shawl Collar Sweater
Please allow 4-6 weeks sewing time before shipping.
Description: Authentic reproduction of the original Philadelphia Athletics 1913 Shawl Collar Sweater.
- Made with heavyweight alpaca and wool blend yarn
- Navy blue body and sleeves
- White wool felt Elephant emblems with embroidery on front
- Navy blue and white felt 'A' patches on the sleeves
- Vintage style leather buttons
- Shawl collar
- Two front pockets
- Size Large weighs approx. 3.8 lbs.
- Made in Peru, finished in USA
- Item #: PHISW
League: American League
History: Connie Mack's Athletics took the AL crown in 1913, fielding what is regarded as one of the greatest infields in history. The A's then went on to defat the New York Giants four games to one. It was New York's third consecutive Series loss. Philadelphia would repeat their Series appearance the following year, but would be swept in four games by the Boston Braves.
Do not machine wash
Gently hand-wash, using cold water and mild soap
Do not bleach, wring or tumble dry
Roll in a towel to remove excess water, reshape and dry flat
- Store garment folded and flat. Do not hang
- Iron on low temperature