Brooklyn Robins (Dodgers) 1916 Shawl Collar Sweater
Please allow 4-6 weeks sewing time before shipping.
Description: Authentic reproduction of the original Brooklyn Robins (Dodgers) 1916 Shawl Collar Sweater.
- Made with heavyweight alpaca and wool blend yarn
- Gray body and sleeves with navy blue collar, cuffs and trim
- Wool felt 'B' on front
- Vintage style leather buttons
- Shawl collar
- Two front pockets
- Size Large weighs approx. 3.8 lbs.
- Made in Peru, finished in USA
- Item #: BKLSW
League: National League
History: It took some time for Brooklyn to settle into the "Dodgers" nickname that finally stuck. Before 1932 they were known variously as the Superbas and Trolley Dodgers. In 1916 they were known as the Robins, named after manager Wilbur Robinson, who led them to the World Series, where they lost to a Boston Red Sox team that featured a rookie pitcher named Babe Ruth, who pitched 13 shutout innings against Brooklyn in Game 2.
Do not machine wash
Gently hand-wash, using cold water and mild soap
Do not bleach, wring or tumble dry
Roll in a towel to remove excess water, reshape and dry flat
- Store garment folded and flat. Do not hang
- Iron on low temperature