Vernon Tigers 1911 Vintage Ballcap
- Made in the USA
- Genuine navy wool broadcloth, orange visor, white trim
- Orange felt "V"
- Short visor with green satin under visor
- Vintage hair cloth backed buckram crown
- Satin taping with cotton sweatband
- Adjustable sizes come with leather strap and antiqued brass closure
- Item #: VER11C
League: Pacific Coast League
History: Vernon was (and still is) an industrial town surrounded by the city of Los Angeles. Why locate a professional ballclub there, you might ask? It happened that sales of alcoholic beverages were legal in Vernon, but not in LA. Happy Hogan (who had changed his last name to avoid his father finding out that he had chosen baseball as a profession) managed the Tigers from 1909 until his untimely death from pneumonia in 1915. Hogan was an early advocate of uniform numbers, a concept which did not become standardized until the early 1930s.