Tampa Smokers 1948 Vintage Ballcap
Description: Authentic reproduction of the original 1948 Tampa Smokers ballcap. Hand-sewn from genuine wool baseball cloth. This cap is built to last a lifetime.
- Made in the USA
- Genuine red wool broadcloth, navy wool visor, navy on white felt "T"
- Standard visor with green satin under visor
- Vintage hair cloth backed buckram crown
- Satin taping with cotton sweatband
- Adjustable sizes come with leather strap and antiqued brass closure
- Item #: TAM48C
League: Florida International League
History: Tampa finished second in a year dominated by the powerful Havana Cubans club. Lou Vezlich led the FIL with a .356 batting average. Vezilich was one of many great minor league players in the pre-expansion days who had long careers but never got a shot at the majors. He played for over 20 teams in a 15-year career. Tampa defeated cross-bay rivals St. Petersburg in the first round of the playoffs, but lost to Havana in the finals.
|7 1/8||22 3/8"|
|7 1/4||22 3/4"|
|7 3/8||23 1/8"|
|7 1/2||23 1/2"|
|7 5/8||23 7/8"|
|7 7/8||24 1/4"|