Indianapolis Clowns 1951 Authentic Jacket
Description: An authentic Indianapolis Clowns jacket from 1951. Royal blue wool jacket with red leather pocket trim and felt lettering.
- Made in the USA
- Exact reproduction of the jacket worn by the Indianapolis Clowns in 1951
- 100% Royal Blue wool body & sleeves
- Red Sewn sleeve panel
- Felt number "5" on the left sleeve
- Satin lining, leather pocket welts
- Red and Cream Felt lettering
- Snap front
- Item #: CLO51J
League: Negro American League
History: The Indianapolis Clowns began as a barnstorming team known for their pre-game entertainment as much as for their ball skills. Once they joined the Negro American League they focused on baseball and won the NAL title in 1950. The Clowns are best known for three signings: the great women players Toni Stone and Connie Morgan and a raw youngster named Henry Aaron.