Indian Head Rockets (Jacksonville Eagles) 1952 Vintage Ballcap
- Made in the USA
- Genuine red wool broadcloth, white felt "J"
- Standard visor with green satin under visor
- Vintage hair cloth backed buckram crown
- Satin taping with cotton sweatband
- Adjustable sizes come with leather strap and antiqued brass closure
- Item #: IHR52C
League: Northern Saskatchewan League
History: Western Canada was a hotbed of baseball for American Negro leaguers, and promoter Syd Pollock transformed his Jacksonville Eagles into the Indian Head Rockets, where they were a huge success in Western Canada in the early 1950s. The Rockets kept their uniforms, changing the front lettering to “Indian Head”, but some players still showing an eagle on the sleeve. The hats retained the Jacksonville “J”.