Chicago Cats Vintage Inspired Ballcap
Description: Inspired by the original 1976 Chicago Cats ballcap. This collection takes some of our favorite styles and reimagines them as a key piece of your everyday uniform. Hand-sewn from genuine wool baseball cloth, this cap is built to last a lifetime.
- Made in the USA
- Genuine cream wool broadcloth with embroidered Cats emblem
- Standard brown wool visor with green satin under visor
- Vintage hair cloth backed buckram crown
- Satin taping with cotton sweatband
- Adjustable sizes come with leather strap and antiqued brass closure
- Item #: CHIFC
League: American Soccer League
History: The ASL traditionally was an Eastern league that consisted primarily of ethnic clubs. Bob Cousy of basketball fame was hired as commissioner and announced that Chicago would join the league for the 1975 season. In 1976 the Cats and Cleveland Cobras tied for the league’s last playoff spot. When the Cats failed to respond in time to Cousy’s demand that the two teams schedule an extra game to decide who would go to the playoffs, Cousy gave the slot to Cleveland by forfeit. The enraged Chicago owner filed a $1 million lawsuit against Cousy and the league.
ConnectFacebook Twitter Vimeo Instagram