San Diego Padres 1969 Authentic Jacket
Description: An authentic San Diego Padres jacket from 1969. Brown vintage satin jacket with sewn twill lettering.
- Made in the USA
- Reproduction of the team jacket worn by the San Diego Padres in 1969
- Brown cotton-backed viscose satin body and sleeves
- Gold twill "SD" lettering on the chest
- 100% American wool knit trim
- Vintage pockets with matching satin trim
- Checkbook pocket
- Black quilted lining
- Snap front
- Item#: SDP69J
History: In 1969 San Diego joined the National League in the second wave of expansion along with the Montreal Expos. The name "Padres" was derived from the Pacific Coast League team that played from the 1930s to 1968. Like all early expansion teams, San Diego struggled on the field in their early years, but first baseman Nate Colbert provided the Pads with some early star power.