Pittsburgh Pirates 1945 Authentic Jacket
History: The Bucs in blue? You bet! Pittsburgh did not adopt their now-familiar black-and-gold color scheme until 1948. Manager Frankie Frisch led Pittsburgh to a respectable 82-72 record. 1945 was a war year, so all teams in professional baseball suffered manpower shortages. But pitcher Preacher Roe and 3rd baseman Bob Elliott were among the Pirates who had standout seasons. Virgin wool jacket with crème leather sleeves and embroidered Pirate patch on chest.
- Made in the USA
- Reproduction of the team jacket worn by the Pittsburgh Pirates in 1945
- American made royal blue wool body
- Tan leather sleeves
- 100% American wool striped knit trim
- Embroidered Pirate patch on chest
- Black quilted lining with embroidered team name and year
- Zip front
- Item#: PIR45J
Initial run limited. After the first production run is sold out, these jackets will be made to order, with a 10-12 week production time.