Oakland Athleticss 1968 Authentic Jacket
Description: An authentic Oakland A's jacket from 1968. Kelly green vintage satin with twill lettering and leather pocket trim.
- Made in the USA
- Reproduction of the team jacket worn by the Oakland A's in 1968
- Brown cotton-backed viscose satin body and sleeves
- White on gold twill "A" lettering on the chest
- 100% American wool knit trim
- Vintage pockets with matching leather trim
- Checkbook pocket
- Black quilted lining
- Button front
- Item#: OAK68J
History: Owner Charles Finley brought his Kansas City A's to the East Bay city of Oakland in 1968. This was the third home city for what was originally Connie Mack's Philadelphia American League entry. The '68 club, boosted by Reggie Jackson, Catfish Hunter, Sal Bando, and Bert Campenaris, achieved the first winning season for the franchise since 1952 when it was located in Philadelphia. Bay Area-born Yankee legend Joe DiMaggio joined the A's as hitting and first base coach.