Kansas City Athletics 1960 Authentic Jacket
Description: An authentic Kansas City Athletics jacket from 1960. Navy vintage satin with twill lettering and leather pocket trim.
- Made in the USA
- Reproduction of the team jacket worn by the Kansas City Athletics in 1960.
- Navy cotton-backed viscose satin body and sleeves
- White twill "A" lettering on the chest
- 100% American wool knit trim
- Vintage pockets with navy leather trim
- Checkbook pocket
- Black quilted lining
- Button front
- Item#: KCA60J
League: American League
History: The A's moved from Philadelphia to Kansas City in 1955, which improved the club's attendance, but not its prospects in the American League standings. Many considered the team a de-facto farm club of the New York Yankees, who orchestrated several one-sided trades with KC over the years (including one which brought Roger Maris to New York). Standouts on the 1960 squad included Whitey Herzog and future Mets "great" first baseman Marvelous Marv Throneberry.
ConnectFacebook Twitter Vimeo Instagram