Boston Red Sox 1917 Shawl Collar Sweater
Please allow 4-6 weeks sewing time before shipping.
Description: Authentic reproduction of the original Boston Red Sox 1917 Shawl Collar Sweater.
- Made with heavyweight alpaca and wool blend yarn
- Red body and sleeves
- White wool felt "Red Sox" lettering on front
- Vintage style leather buttons
- Shawl collar
- Two front pockets
- Size Large weighs approx. 3.8 lbs.
- Made in Peru, finished in USA
- Item #: BOSSW
League: American League
History: Manager Jack Barry's Bosox finished second in 1917 behind Chicago. Babe Ruth led an excellent pitching staff with 24 wins and a 2.01 ERA. It is interesting to note that in this Dead Ball Era, Boston's total home run output for the entire season was 14! (The Washington Senators only hit 4).
Do not machine wash
Gently hand-wash, using cold water and mild soap
Do not bleach, wring or tumble dry
Roll in a towel to remove excess water, reshape and dry flat
- Store garment folded and flat. Do not hang
- Iron on low temperature
ConnectFacebook Twitter Vimeo Instagram