Philadelphia Royal Giants 1932 Vintage Ballcap
Description: Authentic reproduction of the original 1932 Philadelphia Royal Giants ballcap. Hand-sewn from genuine wool baseball cloth. This cap is built to last a lifetime.
- Made in the USA
- Genuine red wool broadcloth with soutache trim, gold felt "RG"
- Soft visor with green satin under visor
- Vintage hair cloth backed buckram crown
- Satin taping with cotton sweatband
- Adjustable sizes come with leather strap and antiqued brass closure
- Item #: PRG32C
League: California Winter League
History: The Royal Giants are arguably one of the greatest black teams of all-time. Their 1927 roster featured no fewer than six future Hall of Famers, including Biz Mackey, Bullet Rogan, Turkey Stearnes, and Willie Wells. The club played in the California Winter League, which was the first integrated U.S. professional league. The Giants also had the distinction of being the first African-American players to play in Japan, touring there in 1927 and again in 1932.