US Tour Of Japan 1934 Road Jersey
History: In 1934 Connie Mack led a squadron of AL stars including Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, and Jimmie Foxx on a wildly successful tour of Japan. The team was greeted by thousands of ecstatic Japanese fans who lined the streets of Tokyo shouting "Banzai Babe Ruth!" The goodwill did not last long, as the two countries were headed on a trajectory toward war. Catcher Moe Berg was sent along as a spy by the U.S. government.
- Made in the USA
- Independent Barnstorming Team
- Authentic reproduction of the jersey worn in 1934 by the U.S. Tour of Japan
- Authentic gray wool flannel
- Chainstitch embroidered chest and sleeve emblem
- Right and left sleeve patches
- Felt #3 on the back
- Item #: UST34R
|SIZE||CHEST (pit to pit)||LENGTH|
Looks great, fits good. Haven't worn it out yet but think it will get some positive comments.
My experience was great, start to finish. I actually received the jersey sooner than expected. It looks great, just like Moe Berg's that I saw recently at the Hall of Fame.