Fordham University 1939 Vintage Ballcap
Monthly payments available on orders over $199 with Affirm
Description: Authentic reproduction of the original 1939 Fordham University ballcap. Hand-sewn from genuine wool baseball cloth. This cap is built to last a lifetime.
- Made in the USA
- Genuine travel gray wool crown, maroon wool visor, maroon felt "F"
- Soft visor with green satin under visor
- Vintage hair cloth backed buckram crown
- Satin taping with cotton sweatband
- Adjustable sizes come with leather strap and antiqued brass closure
- Item #: FOR39C
History: Two of America's greatest baseball legends honed their skills while at Fordham University in the Bronx, New York. MLB Hall of Famer Frankie Frisch earned his moniker, "The Fordham Flash" due to his stellar speed around the diamond. A scrappy center fielder and leadoff man for the 1947 Fordham University Rams named Vin Scully went head to head with future U.S. President George H. W. Bush in a game against Yale. They both went 0-3. Scully would go on to become one of the most beloved sportscasters ever.
|7 1/8||22 3/8"|
|7 1/4||22 3/4"|
|7 3/8||23 1/8"|
|7 1/2||23 1/2"|
|7 5/8||23 7/8"|
|7 7/8||24 1/4"|