Clearing Question Marks Vintage Inspired Ballcap
Description: Inspired by the original 1941 Clearing Question Marks ballcap. This collection takes some of our favorite styles and reimagines them as a key piece of your everyday uniform. Hand-sewn from genuine wool baseball cloth, this cap is built to last a lifetime.
- Made in the USA
- Genuine black wool broadcloth with cream felt question mark emblem
- Standard visor with green satin under visor
- Vintage hair cloth backed buckram crown
- Adjustable size comes with a leather strap and antiqued brass closure.
- Satin taping with cotton sweatband
- Cream "CLEARING ?" embroidered lettering on the back
- Cream embroidered EFF logo on the left side
- Item# CQMFC
History: The origin of this team is as mysterious as the question mark on the hat. All we have is a newspaper article from 1941 announcing that the stadium was being dedicated in Chicago's Clearing neighborhood at 62nd Street and Central Avenue, and that the park was being built by members of the Clearing softball team, who hoped to play a schedule of five nights a week in their new stadium. Also, the lighting system was patterned after the one in Comiskey Park. Other than a couple of pictures of the park, whose sign broadly boasted "Home of the Question Marks", and a color picture of a jacket belonging to the team, we know very little.
ConnectFacebook Twitter Vimeo Instagram