Chicago Whales Vintage Inspired Ballcap
Description: Inspired by the original 1915 Chicago Whales ballcap. This collection takes some of our favorite styles and reimagines them as a key piece of your everyday uniform. Hand-sewn from genuine wool baseball cloth, this cap is built to last a lifetime.
- Made in the USA
- Genuine brown wool broadcloth
- White embroidery "C" with a blue felt whale in the center
- Standard visor with green satin under visor
- Vintage hair cloth backed buckram crown
- Satin taping with cotton sweatband
- Adjustable sizes come with leather strap and antiqued brass closure
- Item #: CWLFC
League: Federal League
History: The ChiFeds were christened the "Whales" in 1915, their third season. Owner Charles Weeghman was determined to outdo the rival Cubs and White Sox, and built a state-of-the-art ballpark on the North Side named after himself (of course). In the settlement that ended the Federal League, Weeghman was allowed to purchase the Cubs and move them into his ballpark, eventually re-named Wrigley Field. The Whales brought the FL pennant home in 1915, the Feds' last season. This is an 8-panel cap.
ConnectFacebook Twitter Vimeo Instagram