Hollywood Stars 1949 Vintage Ballcap
Description: Authentic reproduction of the original 1949 Hollywood Stars ballcap. Hand-sewn from genuine wool baseball cloth. This cap is built to last a lifetime.
- Made in the USA
- Genuine royal blue wool crown, red visor, red felt "H"
- Standard visor with green satin under visor
- Vintage hair cloth backed buckram crown
- Satin taping with cotton sweatband
- Adjustable sizes come with leather strap and antiqued brass closure
- Item #: HOL49C
League: Pacific Coast League
History: The Mission club of San Francisco moved south in 1938 and became the second incarnation of the Hollywood Stars (the original "Twinks" moved to San Diego in 1936.) After sharing Wrigley Field with the Los Angeles Angels for one season, the Hollywood Stars moved into their brand new home on Fairfax Avenue, Gilmore Field. The club was aptly named as celebrity stockholders included Gary Cooper, Bing Crosby and Barbara Stanwyck.