Boston Bees 1939 Authentic Jacket
Description: An authentic Boston Bees jacket from 1939. Red wool jacket with wool knit trim and a felt patch on the chest.
- Made in the USA
- Reproduction of the team jacket worn by the Boston Bees in 1939
- American-made red wool body and sleeves
- 100% American white wool knit trim
- White felt "B" patch on left chest
- Vintage patch style pockets
- Black quilted lining
- Button front
- Item#: BOB39J
League: National League
History: Despite signing Babe Ruth in 1935, the Boston Braves had the worst record in the majors and were facing major financial difficulties. New owner Bob Quinn decided to change things up in '36 with a new name (Bees) and new colors (blue and gold). The Bees reverted to the traditional red and blue in 1939, and to the Braves name in 1941.
ConnectFacebook Twitter Vimeo Instagram