Tokyo Kyojin (Giants) 1936 Road Jersey
History: The fall season of 1936 saw the Kyojin win their first of eight consecutive Japanese Baseball League championships. The star of the club in the 1930s was pitcher Victor Starffin, an ethnic Russian who was the son of a Russian military officer. A phenom in the Japanese youth baseball ranks, Starffin originally intended to give up to go to university, but was blackmailed into playing professionally in Tokyo after his father was jailed on a charge of manslaughter.
- Made in the USA
- Japanese League
- Authentic reproduction of the jersey worn in 1936 by the Tokyo Kyojin (Giants)
- Authentic grey wool flannel
- White/Black/White Trim
- Chenille Tokyo patch on left chest
- Black felt #18 on left sleeve
- Black felt Japanese Script #18 on right sleeve
- Black felt Japanese #18 on back (number customization unavailable for this item)
- Item #: TOK36R
|SIZE||CHEST (pit to pit)||LENGTH|
I love everything about this jersey. The chenille patch, the number on the back, the quality of the craftsmanship, everything is so great and so unique. The fit is just right and there are literally no flaws in its manufacture. My first but definitely not my last item form Ebbets. Hockey jersey next!