Memphis Chicks 1944 Home Jersey
Monthly payments available on orders over $199 with Affirm
History: The Chickasaws, “Chicks” for short, represented Memphis, Tennessee, in the Southern Association from 1912-1960. In 1944, the club featured the incomparable Pete Gray, an outfielder who only had one arm after losing his right arm in a childhood accident. Yet despite having to do everything with just his one arm, Gray starred for the ‘44 Chicks, posting a .333 batting average and even adding 5 home runs en route to claiming the 1944 Southern Association MVP award.
- Made in the USA
- Southern Association
- Authentic reproduction of the home jersey worn in 1944 by the Memphis Chicks
- Authentic white with navy pinstripe wool flannel
- Royal soutache on facing and sleeves
- Royal on white felt Chicks with tail on front
- Indian head patch on left sleeve
- "Health" patch on right sleeve
- Royal on white felt #3 on back
- Item #: MEM44H
|SIZE||CHEST (pit to pit)||LENGTH|
This wonderful baseball shirt looks awesome on my husband john and I can tell that he really enjoys wearing it. He said that nothing comes close to an authentic shirt like the one he now has. I made the perfect gift for his birthday.