American All-Stars 1945 Road Jersey
History: In October 1945, Hall of Fame Negro League owner Effa Manley assembled a black all star team to play a 5-game exhibition series against a team of Major Leaguers at Brooklyn's Ebbets Field. Manley's team called themselves the American All Stars and were led by star catcher Roy Campanella (#32). Campy's play in the series caught the eye of Brooklyn Dodgers executive Branch Rickey, who soon afterward offered the young catcher a contract with the Dodgers organization.
- Made in the USA
- Independent team
- Authentic reproduction of the jersey worn in 1945 by the American All-Stars
- 100% gray wool baseball flannel
- Red/white/blue trim on facing and sleeves
- Red felt lettering
- Stars & stripes patch on left sleeve
- #32 (Roy Campanella) on back
- Item #: AAS45R
Please note: This product cannot be customized.