Shibe Park Crewneck Sweatshirt
History: Shibe Park (renamed for Connie Mack in 1953) opened in 1909 as baseball's first steel-and-concrete stadium. The park was located at Lehigh Avenue and 21st Street, five blocks from the Baker Bowl - the Phillies' home. The Phils began sharing the park in 1938, paying 10 cents a head in rent to the A's. They became the sole occupants when the A's left for Kansas City in 1955. Negro league baseball was played at Shibe as well. The Hilldale club and the Atlantic City-based Bacharach Giants both played home games there. The stadium also hosted pro football, boxing, and a 1944 speech by president Franklin Roosevelt.
Item #: SHICS