Chicago Whales 1914 Vintage Ballcap
History: Chicago joined the original Federal League in 1913 when it was an "outlaw" minor league. When the Feds went major in 1914, owner Charles Weeghman ordered up a state-of-the-art ballpark on the North Side that would outclass those of his rivals, the Cubs and White Sox. That park - now known as Wrigley Field - is still in use today. In 1915 the name Whales stuck, and Chicago won the Federal League's last pennant by one percentage point over St. Louis. Former Cubs star Joe Tinker was shortstop and manager. Tinker returned to the Cubs after the demise of the Federal League.
Item #: CHI14C